Monday, July 5, 2010

Home and Happy

Well, apparently, I shopped a bit too much. (It was all craft supplies, which will be lovely souvenirs, really! I'll take pictures to show you!) I got all of my stuff into my bag, but was over-weight by 10 pounds. We ran out and got a new bag (*sigh*), so we could bring home the delicious smoked meats and could spread out the weight from all of our luggages.

Anyway, our flight home was two flights; we flew from Manchester, in New Hampshire, bounced at Chicago Midway (spending that 40 minutes eating a quick meal), then flew direct to Oakland, which is less than 10 minutes from home. We got in half an hour early, which was nice. We mostly unpacked our clothes and general stuffs quickly, so I feel like we're a bit ahead of the game there. (I have a terrible problem with unpacking - if I don't do it quickly, I ... do it glacially slowly. Geordie's better about this, so maybe he'll rub off on me.)

The kitties were pretty muchly hysterical with delight to see us. (It's kind of funny to see cats actually get excited - they're usually so deliberately blase about things, but BC and Butter have both been clingy and talkative. I wish I understood Cat; I'm sure they're telling me important things.) BC spent some of this morning sleeping on Geordie's lap, which she hasn't done much since we brought her home from the pound (she prefers to be on the couch next to us, rather than ON us.) She was quite distressed when we went out last night to get milk, eggs and bread.

We're slowly seeing things that need to be caught up on, or dealt with. The hummingbird feeder is empty. We need to go grocery shopping - we're out of vegetables and general food supplies. I had to test my fishes' water; they're showing signs of stress, which I assume is too much nitrite in the water (it was!), so I've put in some nitrite remover. And, for good measure, some ammonia remover as well. I'll give it a day and see how they're doing. I also gave them some of the shrimp pellet food, which they love, even though it makes their water cloudy. I still have to clean out their filter.

There are other things I need to get done soon, but I'm finding that I'm easily distracted, so I'd better start a list. (Yay, lists!)

Anyway, I think I'm going to go make a list now, and maybe see about doing some all important final relaxation before the week starts. How was your weekend?

SongBird

No comments:

Post a Comment