Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting back to the real world

So, I have to get back into the swing of things. I've been trying to make a list of things I want to get done, but I've now misplaced the damned paper I was making the list on!

*facepalm*

Yesterday I started knitting the Laminaria blanket for us, and I started working on a quilt for a charity thing that Downy is doing called Quilts for Kids. It's very straightforward - all I have to put in is my own time, batting and the return postage. I'm thinking of using some of the fabrics I have but don't want any more to make more quilts for them. Also, to find out if there are local places that would be interested in kid's quilts. It's a better use for the fabric than just donating it to the Depot for Creative Re-Use.

Also, yesterday, at the yarn store, one of my friends gave me some qiviut fiber - a bag of unspun, uncarded random qiviut fiber! It still has guard hairs and everything! I'm sort of delighted out of proportion to what it is, but it's very very amusing to me.

I haven't eaten anything yet, so I think I'll go make something to eat, then get back on the bike. I'll make it once around the island, then get back to work. I do wish I could find my list, though.

SongBird

No comments:

Post a Comment