Friday, July 2, 2010

We got up while everyone else was still rushing around to get ready for the Lupine Drive, but since they were still around, we stayed in bed. Mmmm, cuddling. Once everyone else was gone, we showered and went downstairs to poke about online and relax.

Finally, Geordie and I got hungry, so we went out to see what was available for lunch. Merrie stayed home - she's been dying for a chance to do nothing but talk to her friends online and draw for a whole day. (We're such awful adults to make her go and do interesting things outside the house and offline.) We tried a mexican restaurant that had been somewhere else a while ago, then poked about in Best Buy. We came home, but the house was warm, so we went upstairs to the bedroom, where there's an air conditioner. Geordie snoozed and I cuddled up to him and read.

*grin*

I was reading Octavia Butler's Bloodchild and other stories, which I heartily recommend. I've read Bloodchild, the title story, before, but the rest were all new to me. The sheer luxury of lying in a comfortable room, curled up inside the curve of Geordie's body, reading stories written by a brilliant woman... I paused several times in my reading to just experience how wonderful it felt to be there and then.

Anyway, we went back out to try to find Tofutti Cuties for Mary. She's lactose intolerant, and the rest of us keep eating ice cream. We tried the local Hannaford's, but couldn't find any. Their website says they have them, so I'll look again. The rest of the group got back at about 7:30, so we cooked steaks on the barbeque (for ourselves - the rest of the group had eaten so much for lunch so we ate alone.). Now they're in the other room watching ... the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds. It's not a very intelligent film, is it?

Regardless, it has been another delightful day. Spending a day doing not much of anything feels marvelous.

I just asked Geordie to find the card reader, so I can start uploading pictures!

SongBird

No comments:

Post a Comment