Friday, July 2, 2010

So we went to a local touristy maple place, Parker's, for a late brunch, then idled about on the way to Concord, where Geordie had seen, a few days ago, a place that does professional bra fittings. Zoe & Company is filled with a variety of lingerie, ranging from full-coverage sorts of plainer bras to fancy corsets and matching bra and undies sets. They had some things that I liked, that were pretty, but a couple of other things that I've seen, but wouldn't wear unless you paid me an awful lot. This, for example.

That link is NOT worksafe. Just to let you know.

So, I actually am wearing the right size of bra, but Merrie was ... not. She's wearing a very different size! She's a mixture of embarrassed and amused. She has two new, expensive bras. I got one, just for camaraderie, and for prettiness. I tried on a longline thing but it made my boobs look like 1940's forward pointing cones. Amusing enough to take a picture for Geordie, not amusing enough to buy (or to show you the picture. I see you looking interested, there in the back! *grin*).

When we got back to Jack and Amy's house, Amy was finishing up her third coat of paint on the bits of (plastic) siding they're about to put onto the house. I helped move things around with her, then came in and started making bits of dinner. She'd put a chicken in her counter-top rotisserie (which is a pretty cool trick) and I made roasted mini purple potatoes, sauteed onions with mushrooms (which needed more flavor. I think I overcooked them. *sigh*) and steamed broccoli in the microwave. Chopped fruit with cream for dessert and then we rolled ourselves to the livingroom to watch another two episodes of Band of Brothers.

I've gotten lots of work done on a Random Circles embroidery piece, but I haven't taken any pictures yet. I'll see about doing that tomorrow, okay?

I think we're going to the Shaker village tomorrow. At the very least, we're going to eat there - Geordie and Amy both say the restaurant is excellent.

I'll be doing a lot of cycling when we get home. We're leaving in just a couple of days. How did three weeks go by so quickly?

SongBird

No comments:

Post a Comment