Friday, July 9, 2010

Random post

So, there are things in my life I regret, and I'm not going to talk about them, because regret makes me crazy. Only, sometimes I am forcefully and directly reminded of what I've lost, choices I'd re-make, if I could, and I ... regret, with the dark and bitter finality of futility and despair.

In other news, I'm out of black sharpie pens. How can this happen? I have a bunch of pretty colors, but no black? Argh. Relatedly, it turns out that the picture frame I wanted to use the black sharpie on ... won't take sharpie, so I'll have to use paint. *sigh*

I've printed out a cute image of a bunch of pots and pans to put into a frame so I can keep track of what I've planned for dinners. I bought a good frame for it at IKEA yesterday, when I went to buy fitted sheets (how is it that I have previously purchased only flat sheets - yes, I know IKEA has pictures of flat or fitted on their damned sheets, I know. I know. Every other time, I swear, I've looked at the pictures, then bought the wrong ones. This time I said the words "Fitted Sheet" outloud to myself as I picked up the ones I wanted. They remained fitted sheets all the way home, and now there's one on the bed. *sigh*).

ANYWAY. Frames. I bought three, one pink, one blue, and one black - the pink is for the kitchen, the blue for me for something and the black is for an embroidery project I haven't started yet, but will. The embroidered state maps, if you remember me mentioning it.

The thing is, the pink frame looks, well, plain and I'd like it to be prettier. I thought I'd just draw on it with a black sharpie, but lo, no black sharpies. I found a nice dark purple one, but lo, it doesn't stick to the frame. Lo, I will be using my fine line paintbrush and some black paint.

I slashed the middle finger on my left hand with the metal tabs of the frame - just at the inside crease of the knuckle closest to the tip. Argh.

I have pictures I want to upload from my camera and I can't find the card reader thing. I'd thought I'd brought it with me to New Hampshire, but I couldn't find it there and now I can't find it here. I'm sure it IS here, but I'm too cluttered to find it. Argh.

I still have to take a shower, finish the donation quilt, work on a quilt square for an online quilting bee I'm in (I have ideas, but I'm not sure I can make them work. I'm looking forward to trying, though.) and finish picking out some knitting for a friend.

I also can't stand the clutter in my craft room any more. I'm DONE with it. I was in there yesterday, and ... well, I don't use most of that stuff, so why am I keeping it? If it's in the boxes, and I never open the boxes, I probably will never use/need/want it. An old friend of mine, I mean someone I was friends with years ago and have now fallen out of touch with, saw my cluttered storage space and asked if I knew that free space has a value as well, and that I was wasting money by storing things - often it cost less to replace a thing than to store it forever. I think I'll go through each box, just to make sure there's nothing I do need but that got stuck in there in my last minute cleaning panic, then give the boxes away wholesale to the local art re-use place.

And I agree with that, except I don't have room for my mother's furniture. I don't have much of it, but the pieces I do have are ones I know I want to keep. While we were in New Hampshire, we idly looked at houses for sale. There wasn't one under 2K square feet of living space and most have at least 2 acres of land. I need to hurry up and finish school!

I think that's it for now. There's more in my head, but I need to get started.

SongBird

No comments:

Post a Comment