Friday, July 2, 2010

So, the shawl is easily big enough to be half an afghan, and I love the pattern, so I'm thinking I'll make an afghan with it. I'll cast on in the center and work the whole thing in the round, starting on double pointed needles and working up to circulars. Pretty?

I have five skeins of Wildfoote sock yarn in color SY06, Forget Me Not, which gives me 1075 yards of yarn. The shawl's edging takes about a third to half the yarn, so I'm hoping to work through the first two balls, maybe three, then seeing where I am.

Also, I want to make another shawl (what? I can't have 8 zillion? I've not made one of the super big lacy ones for myself yet. I've made myself smaller ones, sort of 'stand ins'...) - I like this one - Aeolian images. Here's the pattern: Aeolian on Knitty. The question is, of course, what yarn do I use and do I have enough? I'll probably want the biggest size (really so I can knit the most), and I'll certainly want to bead it... I"ll have to go check out my yarn stash.

Which reminds me, I pulled my Wildfoote from the stash I have in the storage space. Whilst there, I took pictures of the yarn I have. Um, I have a lot of yarn. I shouldn't buy more until I get rid of some of what I already have. Also, I should make the projects I have the yarn for. I have a goodly amount of sock yarn, enough of a discontinued color of Naturespun (a very interesting olivey green) to make a sweater for myself, enough of a beautiful rich burgundy Mission1824 wool (I think it's Raspberry) (the best color for me) to make another sweater, enough yarn left overs from two versions of the Colinette Absolutely Fabulous Afghan in Water Lilies colorway (both for my uncle for him to give as gifts) to make one for me, lots of random shawly yarn...

I'll see if I have something pretty in my stash here.

*facepalm*

So, obsessing about knitting much?

Time to put together leftovers for dinner!

Then, I'll draw out the embroidery patterns I want to bring and put them into ziplock bags with the threads for each.

SongBird

No comments:

Post a Comment